Harold H. Simpson
Harold H. Simpson
(501) 221-7100 (Office)
(501) 224-8787 (Fax)
Harold H. Simpson founded the Health Law Firm with one goal in mind—to provide quality service tailored to the specialized needs of health care clients. Mr. Simpson’s practice includes all areas of health care law, as well as corporate and administrative law. He represents clients including hospitals, nursing homes, physicians, and other health care professionals.
Mr. Simpson has been an instructor at the UAMS College of Medicine since 1999 and has taught health law in the Graduate Program in Health Services Administration in the Fay W. Boozman College of Public Health since 2006. Mr. Simpson previously taught health law at the UALR School of Law and at the UALR Graduate School of Health Services Administration.
Mr. Simpson was a co-founder of the Health Law Institute which, since 1977, has presented over 250 programs throughout the United States focused on the hospital related laws, regulations, and judicial decisions of virtually every state. He has also been a speaker at programs sponsored by various groups across the country.
Mr. Simpson is a member of the Arkansas, Pulaski County, and American Bar Associations, as well as the American Health Lawyers Association. He is a member of the Committee on Health and Human Services of American Bar Association Section of Administrative Law as well as a charter Member of the Forum Committee on Health Law of the American Bar Association. Mr. Simpson is a charter Member and former Chairman of the Health Law Committee of the Arkansas Bar Association. He is also a former member of the Editorial Advisory Board of Hospital Peer Review.
Mr. Simpson is a Board member and former President of the Board of Parkway Village. Mr. Simpson is also a former Pulaski Academy Board member. He currently serves as a member of the Arkansas Health Benefits Exchange Community Leaders Workgroup of the Arkansas Insurance Department.
Mr. Simpson has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2012 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® in the practice area of Health Care Law. He is one of a distinguished group of attorneys who have now been listed in Best Lawyers® for twenty years or longer.
- Arkansas Supreme Court and all inferior courts in Arkansas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Co-Author of Physician-Hospital Relationships: The Nonprofit Community Hospital Board’s Role in Avoiding and Resolving Economic Conflicts (American Governance Leader; Part 1, April 2004; Part 2 May 2004)
- Author of “Health Law – A New Legal Battlefield” Arkansas Lawyer (April 1991)
- Author of “Organ Donation: Understanding the Law” Nursing Life (February 1985)
- Author of a portion of Springhouse Corporation’s “Practices”, a book in their Nurses Reference Library Series (1984) and of “Nurse’s Legal Handbook” (1985)
- Co-Author of “A Critical Analysis of the Arkansas Death with Dignity Act”, 1 UALR Law Journal, 473 (1978)